Phone can't connect to computer Roon core

Hello

I am an apple mobile user. I just registered the Roon trial version. After the installation of the computer, I started the Roon on the computer side, and then turned on the Roon software of the mobile phone. At the beginning, the mobile phone always showed that it was looking for the Roon core, and then turned off and then turned on the Roon computer software. After receiving the settings of the connection from the control end device, the mobile phone can display the Roon core, but all of them failed to connect. Restart the computer , you can’t solve this problem by restarting the Roon or the mobile phone. How can you solve this problem? Thank you!

Perhaps you can fill in all the information that was requested in the new support thread that you just tossed away… Maybe start again…no core details no network details…some of that would help

The core of roon is the desktop computer, which uses the win10 system and connects the router with the network cable. My phone uses the same router’s WiFi signal connection. After the roon is restarted, the roon software of the mobile phone can find the desktop computer, but the connection always fails.

Turn off any firewalls on your core machine

According to your method, the problem has been solved, thank you!

2 Likes

You should be able to turn on the firewall but allow the Roon and RAAT application full access. See

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Installing_Roon#Installing_Roon_on_Windows

Hi @zhu_linliang,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved! Just wanted to mention - Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

Once these exceptions are in place you should be able to turn the firewall back on and Roon should keep working as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.