Pi4 not recognized by Roon

The crime here is that NAD replaced the USB input with a phono stage on the D3020 v2. But otherwise, any sort of USB to S/PDIF or DAC would work for you… or a HAT for the Raspberry, as suggested.

1 Like

Some report that the Pi2AES Hat is very good.

Maybe look at Allo Digione for a coax connection

Thanks all. Looks like both Pi2AES and Allo Digione would push the total cost toward $300, which is too much, so I went ahead and ordered the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro and case to add to current kit. I didn’t like the constant noise of the fan and took it out - what temperature should it remain under?

If the tests work out, I’ll get two more. Just in time, as I think one of my Sonos Connects just died yesterday, barely a year after I got it.

Thanks for the help, feel free to make other Raspberry recommendations as I won’t be getting all of them at once. For example, is there a case anyone likes better than the HiFiBerry steel case? I would consider spending a bit more for a nicer looking aluminum matte black one if it existed.

Okay, I installed a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro, and it’s working great via coax digital connection to the NAD D3020 v2 via Roon, but no sound for some reason via Spotify. I sent Feeback again in case you can see anything:

59e73d68dbe60a18

Yes, I did update the Audio HAT setting to Digi+ Pro and rebooted.

I assume I’ll have to install the HiFiBerry OS instead.

Open the web admin page, and from the RopieeeXL tab, enable it.

It was already enabled – I’d successfully set up Spotify before adding the HAT. Anyway, I installed HiFiBerry OS and it works now!