Pioneer XDP-300R

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PC Gaming RIG 9900k 64BG RAM = Plenty
Latest version Roon installed

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wireless AC, Asus 5300 to DAP, Roon Core Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

XDP-300R - 2.5 balanced to RCA to THX789

Description Of Issue

The sound on certain notes crackles at the peak. It sounds very sharp and over computerized if that makes sense. It is very annoying. I am happy to provide more detail, it’s just hard for a noob like me to articulate what I am hearing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Loving the software so far.

Note - when I play directly from the DAP is sounds just fine.

Thanks,

Ryko

Hi @Ryko,

Just to verify, you’re only experiencing these sound quality issues with this one endpoint? All other endpoints sound okay?

Can you share screenshots of Device Setup for this endpoint, as well as a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing to the XDP?

Just to verify, you’re only experiencing these sound quality issues with this one endpoint? All other endpoints sound okay? - Correct - Just this endpoint, and said endpoint works well when directly connected to the AAA 789. I have a dragonfly red and the path looks and sounds great while running through Roon…

I can get you the screenshots later in the week.

Thanks for the quick reponse.

Hi @Ryko,

Thanks for confirming that it’s just that one endpoint. Please provide the screenshots when possible and we can proceed, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.