Play DSD64 files not smoothly

Symptom: Play DSD64 files not smoothly (DoP mode). when playing back DSD64 file, sometimes it paused for about 0.5 second and continue to play. It must happened during playback 3 DSD songs.

Core machine:
CPU: intel J3160
DRAM: DDR3 8GB
System Disk: SSD 256 GB
Roon OS version: 1.0 (build 174) stable
Core version: 1.6 (build 416) stable 64bit

Environment:
a PC with samba server enabled as a storage connected with GbE to the Roon Server machine. The player a Pure Audio Lotus DAC5 connected to the USB port on the Roon Server machine.

Other information:
Core version: We confirmed that 1.6 (build 390) stable 64bit do not have this problem with the same machine and environment.

Log file:

What is the processing speed indicated in the audio signal path? If less than about 1.3x then your processor is maybe not quite enough.

Hi @wizardofoz

It does not show the speed. Maybe it do not show the speed in the DoP playback mode ?

Best regards,
Chorus

Here is the DSD64 file:

Can you screen shot the audio signal path here please. And the audio settings screen too perhaps.

Hi @wizardofoz

Thank you for suggestion.
Here is the screenshots of signal path and device setup.

Best regards,
Chorus

Hi @Chorus_Chuang,

Does this occur with all DSD64 content?

If you configure another endpoint to play the same content does the same behavior occur?

Hi @dylan,

I am sorry I do not have “all” DSD64 content and it is not possible for me to test “all” DSD64 content.
In my test, there are 10 DSD64 music in this album have this situation.
Or maybe you can send me your DSD64 music so that I can test for you.

And could you tell me more about “another endpoint to play the same content” ?
Thank you!

Best regards,
Chorus

Hi @dylan,

Today I test again with the same setup (also the test file) and the problem is gone.
Please ignore this and I will check the environment again.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Chorus

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.