Infinity Router, Netgear GC510P switch

Connected Audio Devices

dCS Rossini DAC

or

Auralic Aries Streamer

Number of Tracks in Library

Streaming Tidal

Description of Issue

Since upgrading to latest Roon 1.8 903 the music playback just halts after some random time. Roon loses connection to the end points, and it happens either with the Rossini or Auralic Aries, and then the end points re-appear. PC core still connected to network - Not a loss of internet or network connectivity.

Any ideas on the cause of this problem?

Sounds very much the same as the issue I’m having

which makes me think it is not KEF LSX specific

Roon periodically looses the ‘KEF streaming’ option - music stops - tells me i have to find an audio zone

when i restart by emptying image cache in settings/setup 9 times out of 10 it finds the KEF streaming option again

Jonathan, sure sounds like the same problem. It keeps happening on my system…Frustrating…

Hope we hear something from Roon support soon.

Roon Support,

Another problem - or symptom of the same problem with losing connection…

Now Roon will not discover the dCS Rossini DAC… No longer shows up as Roon ready device.
Weird though, is that Rossini still shows up as Roon Tested “Airplay” device, and I can play to it.

This latest Roon 903 build has serious problems to maintain a connection to end points… Did not happen on previous Roon 1.8 build(s).

Please acknowledge this issue/concern.

Same here very often

Core iMac 27 late 2013 Catalina 10.15.7 32GB RAM
Roon Server as a headless and Roon as a remote
Roon Remote on iPhone and iPad

I did everything, factory reset on my Cambridge CXN V2, change password on Tidal, reinstall Roon and Roon Server, change password on Roon account, internet connection is good as always, iMac settings are ok, and no solution. I use Tidal directly and works fabulous. It’s a Roon problem.

The only solution is to quit Roon Server and start again. Very Frustrating.

I think the last 2 versions 903/904 are the problem, before that it was working fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.