Play Music through all devices using Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus +
Roon Version 1.6
Build Number: 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon is on hardwired Ethernet, which is plugged into a network switch which is plugged directly to the router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

There are 3 sonos devices outside of the Hifi room that are used to play music from the Hifi room to the rest of the house, they are controlled via the network for the house. From the Roon to the Chord M Scaler via USB - output from tto M scaler to Chord Hugo TT 2 via Duel DSN Cables - RCA cables from the Chord Hugo TT2 to the Amplifier.

Description Of Issue

The issue is that the 3 sonus devices can’t be grouped with the main system as described above. i can play music through the sonus system in other rooms from the Roon, but not the music i am playing in my main HIFI room and Roon will not allow me to group what i am playing in the HIFI room with the sonus system.

Thank You.

Sonos can’t be grouped with anything else as it isn’t using the core roon RAAT protocols so can’t be synched.

As Ged has said. You cant group different protocols. Roon supports them but there is a restriction of what can sync with each other. They do make this clear on the knowledge base.

Hi @Andrew_Tostevin,

As mentioned above, you can only group Zones of the same type. You can read more about zone grouping here in our KB.

A possible alternative might be to connect a Sonos Connect using (say) optical into the main system for when you want ‘whole house’. Whether this is an acceptable compromise is a different question…

Many thanks for your advice. What a shame, but as advised i can if having a party or get together use the compromise option.

Again my thanks

Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.