"Play Now" for Artist

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is on a 2019 iMac running OS 10.15.7. Roon version 1.8 (764) Artists/tracks are streaming primarily from Qobuz (in this case all albums/tracks are added to my library from Qobuz)

Description Of Issue

When I have an artist selected and albums in my library, I click “Play Now.” It then seems to start “Play Radio” not the artist. The only way I have been able to play all songs by an artist is to click on the 3 dots, select “view all tracks in library” and then play from there. Is this working the way it is intended?? Seems like “Play Now” should play the artist unless I select “Start Radio” from the dropdown.

Thanks,
Bill

No it is not. The function seems to be broken now and @support has been told. I’ve found it works for some artists, and not for others.
When you click Play Now for an artist it should play all the work of the artist in your library and across a streaming service.

Thanks! That’s what I thought. I’m pretty new to Roon, but figured that was a bug. I haven’t been able to have it stream an artist on any of my devices or with any of my artists. I’ve just been using the work around, but that is a lot of “clicks” :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Community @Bill_Purcell!
Yeah, I’m bummed about this one breaking. It is one of my favorite Roon functions. It might be some ‘back end’ problem Roon has with their servers. Let’s hope it’s back on line soon.

1 Like

Hi @Bill_Purcell

Apologies for the trouble here. Our team is looking into this, we hope to have things back up and running soon. We’ll be sure to follow up as soon as we have more info!

Edit: Just to confirm, this has now been resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.