Play/Pause/Next buttons disappear in Now Playing [Roon Investigating]

@support. Have noticed that the ply/pause/next buttons disappear sometimes when I switch to now playing. I’m using IPad Pro 11” as remote.

Hey @Julio – thanks for report. I don’t think we’ve seen this happen, and we don’t have any other reports, so we’ll need to figure out what different about your setup.

Does this happen all the time? Is there any pattern? Does it happen with all audio zones?

Does it happen when you’re using other apps on the iPad? Does it persist if you reboot the iPad?

The answers to the questions above will help us investigate this. Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

I haven’t seen this (I use dark theme) either, but ill keep an eye out too

Hi Mike. I will try to replicate and record my screen. So far it happened 3 - 4 times with the same zone (Project Steambox S2 Ultra USB to Mytek Brooklyn DAC) while switching back and force between Roon and Safari. The first time I was using Radio and the 2nd and 3rd time a Qobuz playlist.

Hello @Julio,

Thanks for providing that extra info. If you are able to record this behavior this will help us in reproducing on our end.

Thanks,
Noris

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ily2d1yb1bsundp/ScreenRecording_03-23-2019%2017-53-52.MP4?dl=0

Hi @Julio,

Thank you for sending that video over. I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core and Remotes are active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. I will get this diagnostic info and the video over to QA who can take a closer look.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @Julio,

I just wanted to check in here with you because I have been keeping an eye out for the iPad diagnostics package and I see that it hasn’t arrived yet. Can you please open the Roon app on your iPad when you have a chance and leave it open for a few minutes so that this package can reach our servers? Please let me know once you have done so and I can check to make sure that it successfully arrived.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris , I’ve been using the iPad app everyday. I’ll just leave it open for 30 mins now. Hope it will work.

I experience this from time to time, if you simply navigate back one page and return to now playing the controls are restored.

Not a ‘fix’ but an OK workaround for me.

Hi @Julio,

Unfortunately still no diagnostics package has reached our servers for both your iPad and Core as well. Can you please try rebooting your router to see if that will help? Do you have any router firewalls active which could be blocking communication to our servers?

Thanks,
Noris

The firewall is set to allow all outgoing IP traffic. I’ll restart everything now.

I’ve had this on my windows core once. Restarting Roon fixed it.

It’s not really a problem as closing the Now playing window and reopening it, fixes it. I think it’s about helping Noris understand what’s causing the bug and definitely fix it.

Agreed. I think mine was just that the computer’s resources were at an end. I was using only the integrated AMD video and I really had no idea how much of the video resource Roon uses until I looked at the Performance tab.

Hi @Julio,

Just checked our diagnostics servers again, I did notice a ROCK diagnostics report come in but still no report from your iPad unfortunately. It would have been nice to have the diagnostics, but I will bring this to the team regardless to see if we can reproduce based on what you provided. I will let you know after we discuss.

Thanks,
Noris