Play queue starts with random sequence after updating client version of roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Versie : 1.8 (build 783) stable
QPKG-Versie : 2021-02-01
QNAP Linux nas 4.14.24-qnap #1 SMP Tue Mar 2 06:25:43 CST 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cabled to English Electric 8 audiophile switch (Chord). Ethernet 1 GBps. No VLAN tagging or other sorts of management tooling.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAIM NDX2 via Ethernet cabling to English Electric English 8 switch (chord)

Description Of Issue

After updating the iPad version of Roon software the queue which contains the songs to be played starts in random mode. This is very confusing and unexpected after selecting an album to play. Especially when the album is a DJ-mix. The queue starts to play for instance song number 11 and after that song number 8 and so on in a random sequence. So after every update I need to reset the queue in sequential mode and after that it keeps the setting (to the next update).

Hey @Patrick_Sulzle,

A belated welcome to our community :wave:

Thanks for describing the behavior you’re experiencing. I’m wondering, has this happened after the update to build 790 as well?

Thanks in advance :pray:

P.S. Please, accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. These are not our regular response times and we’re working on replying much faster to everyone :relieved:

Hi Rebeka,

Apologies are not necessary as this is not a life or dead situation :slight_smile:
In build 790 this issue seems resolved. After the upgrade there was no change in the consecutive way of playing the queue as set before the upgrade.

Keep up the good work.
With kind regards,

Patrick Sulzle