Play Turning Off

Roon Server Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Today, while playing a new record, only 24/44 HD, Roon reqularly just stops. If started again it plays for a while then stops again. I’m wondering if it could have anything to do with the PC system, cos I have quite a few things running. Having said that, it stops if I’m only running Roon.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Given that you haven’t supplied any information on your system, no.

2 Likes

Hi there,

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Server: PC; Ryzen 5 5600X; 32GB RAM; RTX4060 GPU; Samsung 980pro
Network: Cat 8; ethernet; tplink 2200; kaspersky
Audio: RPi4, to Denafrips DAC
Problem, read post

Why can’t I add that info to my profile? To repeat it everytime is silly.

You can and then if you wish in the support request type “See profile for information”.

However, speaking generally peoples system’s change over time so it would be vital that the profile is reviewed regularly. Sadly I suspect the majority would not maintain it.

Personally I prefer help the Roon team by having as much information upfront and clearly stated in the request … having them asking clarification questions just delays the process.

Anyway thanks for the information it helps to set the context so Roon can help you effectively and hopefully provide a prompt solution.

Hey @John_Rainey,

Thanks for the update, and for your longstanding patience so far! Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.