Play1 not discoverable - non roon issue

Hope its ok to ask this here, if not remove it. This is not roon related really, strictly network discovery.

I have a pair of Play1’s that I haven’t been able to use for a long time (just gave up trying per the issue) ever since they made changes to their “generations” support - or at least that is how it seems. So I fig I’d ask here.

Anyway, I cannot for the life of me get these to stick on my network. I have tried most everything that a troubleshooting search reveled. I thought that by plugging into ethernet would have solved it (discovery) but nope.

I am using the G1 app (as instructed) and go thru the reset process, log into the temp wifi it creates and it just chunks away for awhile and always returns (in the app) product cannot be found. Not much you can do after that.

During this process I open up my wifi controller (Unifi), can see it actively communicating, can see it’s mac address / getting an IP (I even have right clicked on the instance to allow it) but then it just pukes. Same when using ethernet, on router see it appear etc… but comes back with same error.

I do use multiple VLANs, but in all cases when I go through the reset I am on the same network (subnet). Thoughts?