Playback delay on KEF LSX (~1 second)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10, Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Inteno router/modem, connected via ethernet (direct connection measures <1ms ping)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
KEF LSX.

Description Of Issue
All playback (including local files) has 1-2 seconds of lag when initially starting up but the signal arrives at the speakers immediately. When playing through Tidal, however, there is an ever-present delay of roughly 1 second, sometimes longer, that is very apparent when reading song lyrics which are often a few words to a line ahead.

The actual connection measured through Windows command line to the speakers’ local IP always appears below 1 ms. Also when playing through Spotify Connect over the same network there is no delay present.

Hi @Mikko_Martikainen,

Welcome to the forum! As a test - can you please confirm if System Output (the Core’s internal speakers) have the same issue or if just the LSX are impacted? How are the LSX connected to the network, are they via Ethernet or WiFi?

Sorry for the late response!

No, when using system output, or playing directly to my Modi 3 DAC, there is no delay. The LSX are currently connected via wired Ethernet, although it only seems marginally better. During these weeks I’ve also discovered that sometimes they do play in sync, especially when listening to albums they seem to catch up and lyrics appear in time. Mostly this is random though, and some songs just lag behind.

Still there usually is about a second or two of delay between pressing play and the music actually playing or pausing.

Hi @Mikko_Martikainen,

Thanks for looking into this further. I have mentioned your report to the technical team and we plan to look into this behavior further in the QA lab.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.