Playback Design USB-XIII stuck "enabling" when mounted to Nucleus

Eric,

New issue, after getting all the issues resolved with PC’s and MAC, it seems there are new issues with the USB-XIII box and a Nucleus.

I hooked up the Playback Design USB-XIII box to the Nucleus server, it recognizes the device as being connected but just sits there saying ”Enabling” but never actually configures the unit as a playable device. I’ve shut down the Nucleus, disconnected and reconnected the DAC several times. It will not complete enabling the device.

Any ideas as this is a Roon server and not a device we can update with new drivers.

Thanks,

Joe

Hello @Joe_Jurzec,

Thanks for contacting support and for providing the troubleshooting steps you have performed until this point. I think the next step here would be to enable diagnostics mode on your account and I have just done so. What this action will do is next time your core is active, a set of logs will be automatically generated and uploaded to our servers for further analysis. The diagnostic info should give us a clearer picture of what’s going on, I will be sure to let you know what we find after completing the analysis.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Joe_Jurzec,

I have just received the initial report back from QA, there were two thing they noticed in the diagnostic info:

1. Another application seems to be using your external storage and is preventing your connection to it at:
    /sbin/mount.cifs "//192.168.0.115/music

2. They have asked if you can temporarily try using another USB cable for your USB-XIII or another Roon Core/Remote to verify if the USB-XIII works on another setup.

Please let me know your findings when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

I will try a different cable but this cable works with a different Roon core just fine as does the USB-XIII box. The only thing that changed is I swapped out a Lenovo laptop server for the Nucleus. The Lenovo runs Windoes 10 and the drivers for ASIO for PBD’S USB-XIII/MPD5 DAC whereas the Nucleus has no drivers because it’s Linux based.

The device you see at 192.168.1.115 is the NAS server where the music library resides. This has been a constant for several years with multiple Roon setups.

I’ve already done this switch for testing as well as to do another database backup from Roon so I could have the same tags, playlist, etc on Nucleus. I’ll be testing the Nucleus shortly as I was running the restore over night.

Joe

Hello @Joe_Jurzec,

Thank you for performing the tests and letting me know the results, have you been able to test the Nucleus after performing the restore over the night and confirming the same behavior? Please let me know if so and we can take a look at some additional troubleshooting steps.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Norris,

Yes, same results after restore. Steve filled me in a short while ago about the patch being applied. I’ll test as soon as I get confirmation on its availability.

Joe