Playback Designs MBD5 - Pops and Clicking noise

Eric,

I cannot accommodate your request for additional log files again from the system in question. The unit has been moved to a different system at our store and it also behave’s differently in that setup. It no longer plays anything in Quad DSD and creates pops and clicking noise unless the digital upsampling is used. This is a Windows 7 laptop, not the Windows 10 setup that we were using before.

The multiple logs I sent you prior should be sufficient for your developers to work with. The issues was constant and repeatable in exactly the same way every time I ran the test procedures. There was no deviation to what happened, how it happened or when it happened every single time the test was run and repeating that process again to get the same results is not only futile but a waste of my time. Now I have additional issues to resolve on this other system with Roon and the USB-xIII with Roon. I’ll be happy to provide a new set of logs for all the new issues which seem to be far more extensive on this new system if you want but I can’t waste anymore time on the old setup. The issues there are clear and have been documented to multiple log files and this appears to be an apparent issue for more than just me.

Please let me know if you want to tackle the new issues, if so I will start documenting the different scenarios and their results, capture the log files and upload them to you.

Joe

Hi @Joe_Jurzec ----- Thank you for touching base with me. I have split this post out to a new topic so we can address these new issues you are reporting to us.

Moving forward can you please provide me with the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of this new configuration you are using.

2. A description of the current issues you are facing. I can see from your report that you mentioned the following:

“It no longer plays anything in Quad DSD and creates pops and clicking noise unless the digital upsampling is used.”

Then…

“Now I have additional issues to resolve on this other system with Roon and the USB-xIII with Roon. I’ll be happy to provide a new set of logs for all the new issues which seem to be far more extensive on this new system if you want…”

Are there additional issues outside of what had been mentioned above?

1. Can you please provide a screenshot of the signal path leaving Roon when you are noticing this behavior.

-Eric

A post was split to a new topic: Playback Design USB-XIII stuck “enabling” when mounted to Nucleus