Playback error with Linn DS (need to reboot the Linn DS streamer) and Log issues with Qobuz

MacBook Pro 13" beg 2015, 2,9 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8Go, 512 Gb SSD; Mac OS 10.14.6; Roon latest version

Linn DS 2011, 2013 update.

Nokia fiber device (provided by the telco internet provider), wired ethernet connection, Airport Extremes and Synology NAS, more than 10,000 albums.

Issue:
During playback, there are very often network error and the DS player should be rebooted (typically several occurrences per hour). Usually, the playback error occurs at the end of a song, but not always.

FYI, when I use the manufacturer software, Linn’s Kazoo, I never experienced any network error.

Also, it takes several minutes for the Roon software to start, and always with a login error report for my Qobuz subscription. I just have to retry to have it work.

Hello @AAK,

What is the exact error message that you’re seeing displayed?

While it is too early in troubleshooting to say if this is the cause, you should be aware that we have often seen poor performance from Apple networking gear, and as such we suggest staying away from these kinds of routers (as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices Guide). We can’t confirm this is the cause just yet, but this is something you should keep in mind.

What are you playing? Just content from the NAS? Does the issue occur with Qobuz/TIDAL content as well or solely content from the NAS?

Are you using any switches/range extenders/powerline adapters as well or is it just an Airport Extreme direct connection?

Answers:
What is the exact error message that you’re seeing displayed?
When the playback error happens, on the Linn DS, there is an icon which means “network error”.

What are you playing? Just content from the NAS? Does the issue occur with Qobuz/TIDAL content as well or solely content from the NAS?
Also when music is played on Qobuz.

Other problem: Also, from time to time, music stalls for a few seconds, sometime more than that.

Are you using any switches/range extenders/powerline adapters as well or is it just an Airport Extreme direct connection?
The NAS and Linn DS are wired, and there are several AirPort Extreme all over the place.

Hi @AAK,

Thanks for the additional info.

If you try to start outputting to your Macbook Pro’s System Output zone, do you notice an issue there as well?

How are your DNS servers configured? Do you have the default ISP-provided ones or are you using Google / Cloudflare / Quad9?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.