Playback failed because $ couldn’t connect to HQPlayer

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

HTPC with both Win10 and Linux (Gentoo) installed.
The problem happens in both cases.
Last version of Roon installed (1.6 build 401); HQPlayer is 3.25.3.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

The problem happens with both Roon and HQPlayer installed in the same machine - no network problems.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

USB Amanero

Description Of Issue

Whilst HQPlayer sees my Dac and works perfectly on a stand alone basis, I struggle sending music to HQPlayer from Roon.

The problem is related to the relationship between Roon and HQPlayer: when I try to play a song in Roon through HQPlayer (and therefore to the Dac via Usb) I keep on getting the error: “ Playback failed because $ couldn’t connect to HQPlayer “.

Sorry to bring it up again, but the couple of threads where I looked for help were related to network problems and solved with solutions that seem not applicable to my problem, which remains open…

I’m sure you followed these instructions for setup.

You can also try disabling the firewall to test if things work then.

NOTE: Roon needs proper network access even to play locally.

1 Like

BlackJack, you were right in posting again he basic instructions for me…updating the HQPlayer version everywhere prevented the “Allow allow control from network “ button to be on, which was its standard position since months and I didn’t realize it.

Thank you very much, all sorted out now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.