Playback failed because $ couldn't connect

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Acer Laptop.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
@support,
Ever since I renewed Roon I can’t use the it. I get an error message that says

"Playback failed because $ couldn’t connect to HQ Player”.

This problem has only occurred since the new billing cycle. No tracks play, nothing. I did not change zones or any associated equipment.

It’s frankly insulting to make a customer wade through the responses to similar questions, much of which is written in tech speak far beyond my understanding or application.

My first request for support took SIX DAYS to earn a reply, and that reply was to fart in the wind over on this post. It will be one month that I will not have service that I paid for, and I have no clue how long this process will take on top of that.

Without the requested information not much chance of anyone helping. Looking through previous reports of the error message it looks like roon is not seeing hq player.
Have you rebooted everything?

Hi @philip_bernot,

Can you provide some further details about your Core machine and networking setup?

If you play without using HQ Player does that work for you?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.