Playback failed because $ counld'nt connect to HQPlayer

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sonicorbiter i7 running version 2.7 and latest Roon build 1.6 (419). Linux based system with HQPlayer app

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Music on an internal SSD on the Sonicorbiter plus Tidal > microRendu (activity light on yellow) > SPDIF > NDac

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

It has been working and stable for months. I powered down the system to do some “housework” on it. Everything back as it was except the above message appears. I can manage both the Music Server and the microRendu via the webpage and have updated software etc. Still the same message. It works fine through other zones, although the other zones don’t use HQPlayer!!

I would check to make sure HQPlayer is running, and, the the “Allow control from network” is selected in HQPlayer. See thread from another user.

I’m assuming you have HQe on ST like I do.
This problem sometimes happens to me.

1.Try powering mr off then on by unplugging power supply.
2.Go to mr interface and restart hq player.
3.Go to hq player interface and HQ Player Config and at bottom of page hit apply.

Good luck.

Thanks although I had not altered the HQPlayer setup I hit apply and all up and running again. That was literally the only thing I hadn’t done. Brilliant up and running, many many thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.