Playback freezing at end of track

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro 13 core i7 (2017), 1Tb SSD, Mac OS Catalina (ver 10.15.3)
Operating wireless placed 8ft from the router (line of sight)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology RT2600ac Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Flex 2i (ethernet wired directly to router)
Bluesound Soundbar 2i (ethernet wired via TP Link ethernet power line adapter)

Description Of Issue

I am experiencing the previously reported playback freeze at the end of tracks. This has been happening more frequently in the last month and usually with Flac / AIFF lossless tracks. The track finishes and playback just freezes at the end. Roon shows that playback is active but it does not progress to the next song. If I hit the skip button it does move on to the next track without issue. Sometimes I can drag the progress bar backwards by few seconds and playback will then work again (it progresses to the next track at the end of the current). Other times playback will freeze again at the end. The issue only happens at the end of lossless tracks.

Any help / advice will be more than appreciated
Many thanks

The problem occurred just now: 14:35 GMT and I am able to send the logs in case it helps:
They should be accessible here:

and here is a visual of the ‘freeze’

playback is frozen at the end of the track.

Hello @Yiannis_Kouropalatis,

Thank you for the report here and apologies it took a bit of time to get back to you, I wanted to discuss this case with the technical team first since you provided some great information here.

We are close, but we are missing one critical piece of information to debug this further, and this piece is the Bluesound logs.

Can I please request that you provide all the information you have provided above again (screenshot of track playing + logs timestamp) but also include your Bluesound logs from both BluOS devices right after the issue occurs?

You can get these logs by navigating to Bluesound’s IP Address in a web browser -> Diagnostics -> More -> Copy+ paste the text into a text editor.

I am seeing in the logs that you were playing to a grouped zone of the Bedroom + Living Room, does the same behavior occur when the zones are not grouped?

Hi Noris, I just wanted to update on this. I have not had the problem occur again (thankfully). I don’t know what changed but at least the problem seems to have gone away. Can we therefore close this support ticket. Many thanks

Hi @Yiannis_Kouropalatis,

Thank you for the update and glad to hear of the positive resolution! I have closed this thread as per your request, if you continue having any difficulties, please do let us know and we can take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.