Playback instability when changing sample rates [dCS Network Bridge]

Hello @stevebythebay

I have started a case for you with QA but they kindly inquire as to some more information regarding the
Nucleus Crashing:

Can you please answer the following questions:

• Do you have any airplay zones on the network ? Please mention even those which are not currently playing or are on the network but aren’t enabled in Roon.
  • Do you use iTunes anywhere in your current setup?

They would also kindly ask you to perform one more test with the goal of getting rid of as many external variables as possible. Please do the following:

• Important: Create a backup of your current Roon DB first from your Windows Computer using this link as a guide. Do this step before performing any of the below steps

• Move current DB aside
    To do this step, please open Finder, click Go, then Connect To Server. Then type smb://IP_ADDRESS_OF_NUCLEUS_HERE/ and connect as a Guest.
    You can find the IP address of the Nucleus in Roon Remote in Settings -> Setup -> Configure Roon OS Devices -> Configure and it should list the IP address there. More information on this step can be found here

• The folder structure should look something like this (except you would see it as Mac OSX folders instead of Windows):

• Then rename the current “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_Old”

• Restart the Roon Server from the WebUI (Link to UI: Settings -> Setup -> Configure Roon OS Devices -> Configure -> Press the IP address for the Nucleus and it will open a web page). This step will generate a new RoonServer Folder (and database). The page should look something like this:

• Make sure there are no watched folders in Roon (not even DMF, if it’s there - disable it)

• Disconnect from the network all network zones you were using except the dCS device

• Add only TIDAL (if you don’t have TIDAL let me know and we can provide you a trial license)

• Try to use Roon in this setup for a few days

• Let us know how it’s working and if something is wrong indicate what time the Nucleus failing

I realize that this may be an inconvenient test, but it will greatly help in narrowing down where things are going wrong. Please let me know if you have any questions about steps listed here and thanks in advance for working with us here.

Thank You,
Noris