Playback is interupted (un)frequently

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac 27" late 2015

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet -> Arris (Ziggo)router
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

1. USBridge -> AVM amplifier with build in DAC
  2. System output iMac
  3. Ropieee

Description Of Issue

Playback of a track stops near the end of it. Roon jumps to the next track. I experience this behavior with Tidal and even local FLACs (44.1 kHz 16 bit). It doesn’t happen on a frequent base.
It also happens while using the system output of my iMac.

With a Tidal-track I cannot fast forward while this error appears
When playing the same track in Tidal app no issues.

Steps already taken:

• Cleaning the cache in Library
  • Reinstalling Roon (without removing it first)
  • Rebooting all my devices
  • Resetting router

Any ideas how to get rid of this frustrating behavior?

Thanks!

Hi @Jan_Willem,

How often do you run into this issue? Does it always occur with the same tracks?

When the track skips to the next does an error occur in Roon?

Hi @dylan,

It happens a few times a day, not with the same tracks.
When it happens with Tidal-tracks an ‘network-error’ message appears. I cannot remember the exact text.
I don’t know if there’s an error-message with local tracks. By the time I reach my iMac the message (if there is any) has gone…

Hi @Jan_Willem,

This type of issue can stem from several places and moving forward I’d like to propose a test which should help us narrow down the cause.

You mentioned that this happens with both streaming content and NAS content, as well as with System Output of the Core. This tends to point to a networking issue, but to verify that, it would be good to know if the same behavior occurs with tracks local to the Core.

With a completely local setup — local device and local storage — does the same issue occur?

@dylan No NAS in my setup. I use my iMac as Core and system output (which I use occasionally). Problem occurs also with the system output and the local FLACS stored on the same machine…
(I’ll keep an eye on error messages (if they appear) the coming days.

Hi @Jan_Willem,

Thanks for confirming this. Moving forward, the next time this behavior occurs when playing local content to System Output, please make a note of the time and respond here with that timestamp. We will enable diagnostics and take a closer look.

Additionally, if you see any error messages during this time, please let us know what they say.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.