Playback issues with Squeezebox Radio

@support Old thread, but I have a variation of the same problems as described above. The playback stops after approximately ten seconds, and the problem is solved by pressing the on/off button on the Radio. Pressing any other button the music resumes for abouts ten seconds and then stops. The Roon app still thinks the music is playing when the problem occurs, and when pressing a button on the SB Radio the music resumes from the point of the progression bar in the Roon app. I have two SB Radios with the same problem. Locally stored media, Tidal and Qobuz makes no difference. The displays in the SB Radios doesn’t go out of standby mode before hitting the on/off button

Description of my setup:
Roon ROCK, latest build running on NUC 7i3, 128 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM. Google Wifi/OnHub x3 with wired backhaul. TP-LINK unmanaged switches between the main mesh node and the other nodes. Wireless connection to the SB Radios, on different mesh nodes. One on the main node, one on a slave.

Mine still does this, and all my network gear had changed since my first post, so it’s safe to assume this is not the root of the issue.

Hi @ragwo,

After doing this, things will work properly? For how long? When does the issue return?

Do you experience similar issues with any other endpoints?

Thanks for the reply.
The SB Radio will work properly until next time it enters standby mode. No other endpoints are affected.

Thanks, @ragwo.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

The issue occurred at 16:50. I believe I’ve discovered another detail. The sound stops as my screen turns off automatically on my cell phone with Roon app in foreground. If I turn off the screen manually the music continues for about ten seconds until it stops again. Pixel phone running latest Android build. At 17:53 the music stops again after starting it with a random button on the SB Radio.

Hi Ragwo, was there any answer to this problem? Have a similar issue with my Squeezebox Radio. Music stops after approx. 25 sec and continues when start/pause on the Roon remote is pressed. It is always the same time (25 s), some kind of buffer issue? Thanks

No still happens here from time to time. I find if you turn the unit on so it’s not in standby it seems to not do it. It’s an odd one that’s for sure.

As CrystalGipsy writes, the only way to get around this problem is to turn on the Squeezebox Radio with the physical power button.

Oke Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.