Playback of 192khz Quad

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell Inspiron 580 i5 core

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pc to Marantz AV 8805 via HDMI

Description Of Issue
Roon won’t play any of my Blu-ray quad 192khz 4 channel files. It tells me unable to initiate audio device. I tried playing via other streamers and I have no issue so I know it is not a corrupt file.

Roon will identify the AV8805 as having multiple HDMI connections. Try another. I am not at the home with the AV8805, so I cannot tell you which one will work at this time. One of them will.

I was able to get it to play, sort of. I switched the output to the “system option” and insured output was set to 7.1 and all works on that selection except when I only select stereo only content which I don’t know why.

To get stereo only files to play, I have to go to the zone listed for my video card which the hdmi output comes from. Not sure why Roon is doing this.

Both audio zones are setup exactly the same, 192khz, 24 bit, 7.1. It’s almost as if they need to be merged. Something is wrong , just not sure what it is.

Figured it out. Had to turn off exclusive mode on the system output… I guess with exclusive being on Roon was trying to control my audio device and that was causing an issue. I hope all is good now

I guess that is why they/you call it “elusive” mode. :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.