Playback of Tidal on iPad via Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iPad Pro.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wireless router for connection to Tidal, working fine

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Amplifier connected to iPad Pro via 3.5mm analog port to analog amplifier input.

Description Of Issue

How do I run Roon on the iPad Pro to interface with Tidal for Tidal playback on the iPad? iPad analog output to amplifier via hardwired.

Hi @John_Tupper,

In order to play to the iPad you’ll need to Enable it as a device in Settings | Audio. Once enabled you can choose the iPad as a Zone.

I am unclear where to find the settings tab to which you refer.

When I attempt to start Roon, I get stuck with a spinning wheel looking for a “Core Device.” Consequently, I am unable to access a Roon app settings tab.

iPad settings does not show any Roon options.

Sorry for my inexperience. I am sure it’s any easy fix.

I wish to play around with Roon while at a second home. In our main system I have an Auralic Altair on which I hope to use Roon.

Are you assuming that Roon is running on a separate computer and the iPad will be a linked device to that computer?

I am trying to have the iPad be the host and the controlled device, providing access to a Roon features while using Tidal.

I suspect I am attempting to use Roon in way for which it was not designed.

Please let me know.

Hi @John_Tupper,

Your suspicions are correct… the Roon Core can not run on an iPad, the Roon app on the iPad is a Roon Remote / Roon Endpoint.

You need to have an Intel i3 or faster device for the Roon Core. Checkout the Roon Knowledge Base it’s a great reference source for new and experienced users alike.

1 Like

Carl,

Thank you for your patience.

John

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.