TIDAL tracks not playing [resolved: 790 improved]

@noris

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini (Mid 2011), 2,3 Ghz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384MB, 121 GB SSD (99,5 GB available), macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6, Roon version 1.8 (build 790) stable. The Mac mini is used as a core for Roon only. There is nothing else running on it.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

broadband internet (download 300 Mbps, upload 30 Mbps), ethernet connection to the core, wifi connection to endpoint (Bluesound Node 2)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2 > coax > Topping D70s DAC > rca > Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amp

Library: ca. 10.000 tracks, mainly Tidal (8300)

I did an extensive test playing to another endpoint connected by ethernet (pc Windows 10, system output). That made no difference at all. This implies it is neither a wifi issue, nor a Node 2 issue.

I disabled DSP and crossfading. That did not make any difference either.

Please keep me updated on this issue. I have reported the problem for the first time more than three weeks ago. I am still waiting for “the ultimate music player for music fanatics” to do what it is supposed to do: play music without skipping. And, as you know, I am not the only one experiencing the problem. I find 35 (!) threads on it since March 15: https://community.roonlabs.com/search?expanded=true&q=skipping%20in%3Atitle%20after%3A2021-03-15