8 GB RAM
Gigabit Ethernet Networking, wifi disabled
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Roon Core is v1.8 build 831

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti Edgerouter X
Trenetnet 8 port gigabit switch

Connected Audio Devices

Playback on Roon running on MacBook Pro M1, also connected to network via ethernet
Roon remote is v1.8 build 831

Number of Tracks in Library

1003 albums, 13,142 tracks
all are ALAC audio files stored on Synology DiskStation, exposed via samba share (connected via ethernet)

Description of Issue

Playback of local audio files on Roon remote above has erratic audio skips. Replaying the skipped region reveals no actual issues with the files. This issue has started in the past week or so; until then playback with this setup had no issues.

Restart all your network gear including the modem and the roon core and endpoint machines and nas too

Will try that now. Thanks.

Also check and report your dns settings, ideally use some public ones like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

Also run a Speedtest.net check or fast.com to see if you have any issues outside your network

Using Google DNS; 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Speedtest reveals (cable modem connection) 543Mbps down; 11.7Mbps up

I guess wait to see what @support has to ask

1 Like

I restarted the Roon Core, Roon Client, DiskStation, and all the networking gear. It seems as if restarting one of those things has resolved the issue. I’ll play a couple more and report back if the issue comes back.

1 Like

Hi @John_Boshears,

Please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. You can then upload the logs here.

Thanks!