Playback Stopping

We are having issues in our Showroom with Roon playback stopping. When I check the status, I get a couple different issues. Occasionally the Roon Server will just stop, other times it will look like the system is playing, but the track status does not move and there is no audio. We are using the QNAP for a server running version 1.5 (334). For our players, we are using Meridian 218’s. The Meridian pieces never drop offline, I can always get to them from their web interface and ping them successfully. We have a fairly large network with multiple VLANS. I am not sure if this could be part of the issue. All Roon devices are on a single VLAN and most are attached to the same network switch. Are there any network parameters that I should setup to help functionality? I am really at a loss as to what is causing our problems.

Hello @Justin_Keenan,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you.

Starting off, can you please provide more information regarding the QNAP and your network setup?

• Please list the model for the QNAP and model/manufacturer for your Switch and Router.

The Roon discovery protocols do not work reliably across multiple VLANs so I would double check to make sure that all of the devices are indeed on the same VLAN. We also have a Networking Best Practices guide available on our Knowledge Base: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices, I would make sure that your setup meets the guidelines listed there.

Please let us know your reply to the above questions when possible and we can continue from there.

Thanks,
Noris