Playback Stops and Roon Freezes/Unresponsive

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.7 build 710 (latest)
Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.9GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 for Roon Core.
Western Digital MyCloud EX Ultra NAS for all the flac.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google/Nest WiFi Mesh (one router + 4 mesh points through house)
MBP is connected over wifi
NAS is wired to a switch that is wired to the Nest router.
Nest router is wired to cable modem (Comcast Biz class)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Three Sonos devices over wifi
Devialet Phantom over wifi
Two Chromecasts over wifi
Audioquest Dragonfly Black (connected to JDS Labs O2 + Adueze LCD2) over USB to the Core

Description Of Issue

Audio starts fine on any device, both for local files and for Tidal. However it inevitably starts to stutter before eventually stopping completely. This happens for every device except for headphones, so basically any device over wifi. Once playback stops, the Roon remote becomes unresponsive. I have to switch zones or restart Roon Core to get Roon to work at all again.

Hi @Michael_Galpin,

As a test are you able to connect any of your devices to the network via Ethernet? Is there any change after doing so?

I’m going to try to connect the MBP (Roon Core) by ethernet, just ordered an adapter off Amazon.

The only audio device I could use ethernet for would be the Phantom.

FWIW, I’ve had no issues using Tidal via AirPlay to any of these devices, so pretty disappointing that Roon’s not working or would even require changing my networking to work.

Hello @Michael_Galpin, was connecting via Ethernet helpful?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.