Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired network throughout
HP ProCurve switch

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian Audio (MS200, 818v3)

Number of Tracks in Library

c. 30,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Playback stops randomly and the playback controls area is replaced with a blue lozenge with the message ‘Select an Audio Zone’. Some zones are listed but not the zone that playback stopped to. After a few moments the zone reappears.

Can you help please? (Could someone in support contact me and provide a means of replying, perhaps by e-mail please.) Roon has worked flawlessly for several years but recently I have been having lots of problems.

Thanks,

Ian

My guess is that this is local network related and you are loosing connection to endpoint. Try restarting audio endpoint (Meridaian). If no success, turn off all devices on your network and restart router - then start up all devices on your network one by one.

2 Likes

Hey @Ian_Grant1,

Ben here with the support team, thanks for writing in!

As @Tor_Gunnar_Berland mentioned, this does sound like something potentially network-related. Can you provide more information around the specific audio zone or endpoint that is giving you trouble? How is it connected to your core?

Does this happen when streaming local files only? Or, does it occur when streaming from Tidal/Qobuz/Internet radio?

If possible, grab a timestamp of the next time this happens and share it here. That way, our team can enable diagnostics on your account to take a closer look.

I’ll monitor this thread for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.