Playback stops at random. Internal and External Interfaces

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Late 2012 iMac. 3.1 Ghz i7, 16gb RAM running 10.14.6 Mojave. Roon 1.6. Media stored on a 2TB USB 3.0 Western Digital HDD

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A. This is a local playback issue.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Has occurred via USB on my Woo Audio WA8 and from the internal system audio/speakers on the iMac.

Description Of Issue

Playback randomly stops. This issue is very intermittent. I can start it again right away by pressing play button, but it may stop again soon after, or not at all, and I might not see the problem again for a couple of weeks. There are no specific tracks that cause it.

Signal%20Path

Have you tried a different USB port for the WD? Sometimes USB connections/connectors can begin to fail.

Hi @Zak_Schwartz,

Welcome to the forum. I’m taking a look at your screenshots and I would agree that this may be an issue with the media source, so testing another USB port and/or cable would definitely be a good test to perform.

From your screenshot, it appears that you are using a Core and Roon Remote setup, with the zlMac being the Core and the Mac being the Roon Remote, so the network can definitely be an aspect to consider. Where is the WA8 being connected here, is it connected to the Core or to the Roon Remote? Have you only noticed this issue on devices connected to the Roon Remote but not on the iMac? Are both the Core and the Roon Remote plugged in via Ethernet?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.