Playback stops at the end of playlist tracks (Linn Klimax)

Hi @William,

I’d like to take a look at the diagnostics from your machine to see if there is perhaps any reason as to why the stream is getting stuck. I can enable diagnostics mode for your account, but before I enable this feature, can I please ask you to reproduce this issue once more and note the exact local time and date in your country (e.g. 6:21PM on 4/22/19) of when the next track experiences this behavior?

– Noris

Same issue here running a similar setup
Linn Klimax DS
ROON has worked flawlessly for me the past 1.5 years - after 1.6 a disaster

Gregg

Hi and thanks for getting back to me. Yesterday the whole playlist played without a glitch, so the issue is very sporadic and it may take a while to recur, but I will send you details the next time it happens.

Thanks for this confirmation @greggl

Hello @greggl,

Thanks for confirming that this issue occurs on your end as well. I believe this may be endpoint specific and we have had one other report of similar behavior on Linn Klimax but we were unable to reproduce this behavior when we took a look at the Klimax we have in the lab.

If there is any additional info that you can share here regarding your setup or what type of content was being played when this issue occurred (sample rate, from TIDAL/Qobuz, format, ect), that would be helpful. If you can also note the exact timestamp as I previously mentioned (e.g. 3:21PM on 4/23/19), that would be helpful as well.

– Noris

Hi @noris, Friday evening and the playlist is stopping again. I made a few screen shots.

P.S. the first time stamp is not quite accurate, I discovered the issue several minutes prior. All the other time stamps are true.

Hi @William,

Thank you for sharing those screenshots, it is much appreciated! I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. Once these diagnostics arrive, I will be creating a case for you with our QA team to review the info.

@greggl - If you can please let me know some timestamps as well that would greatly help with this investigation. Thanks!

I will be sure to let you both know once I hear back from QA regarding any updates.

– Noris

Hi @William,

Just spoke to the QA team regarding this issue.

For us to have the complete picture here if this issue is zone-specific, can I please ask you to enable a non-Linn zone in Roon Settings > Audio > go to Tracks browser > Start shuffle playback > Leave it running for 24 hours and let me know if you are able to reproduce the issue?

If you are able to reproduce on a non-Linn zone please let me know the timestamp as before. Also can you confirm that the firmware you have installed on the Linn DAC is the latest one available?

– Noris

Hi @noris, thanks for getting back to me. I don’t have any non-Linn zones available but I can change that in the short term. I noticed that there is a more recent firmware available. I will install that and get back to you in due course on both counts…

1 Like

Hi @noris,
Just a quick update: the Linn firmware is now up-to-date but the problem still exists. Today at approx. 20:05 CET it happened again. I have created a new non-Linn zone but haven’t had time to test it. Regards, William

And the following track the same

Hi @William,

Thanks for the update. Once you are able to test to see if this behavior occurs on non-Linn zones, I can then ask QA to review the new diagnostics. We want to separate here weather this behavior is Linn-specific or if it occurs over multiple zones.

– Noris

Hi @noris Still haven’t got round to testing non-Linn zone but in the meantime another timestamp with Linn: 20:32 CET. This time it wasn’t a playlist but Roon Radio! Best, William

1 Like

Hi again @noris well I finally got round to firing up the non-Linn zone. It is a RPi/Hifiberry running DietPi via optical TosLink into a Naim Mu-So.
Up to now it is working perfectly without interruptions so I suspect the problem may indeed be specific to the Linn zone.
Regards, William

Hi @William,

Thanks for that additional confirmation. We have opened up an investigation to this issue with Linn but do note that investigations such as these may take some time due to the collaboration between our two companies. I will let you know as soon as we have further news, thanks in advance for your patience here!

– Noris

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon + Linn Issues (Skipping through tracks)

A post was split to a new topic: Roon + Linn Issues (Skipping through tracks)

A post was split to a new topic: Linn stops at end of track

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.