Playback was interrupted becasue a track failed to load

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

2011 Mac Mini (Yosemite) (16 GB memory, SSD) running Roon 1.6 build (416) / 64 bit
(No HQ player, qobuz or Tidal installed)

NAS = QNAP TS-251 (8GB memory)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mini & QNAP connected to NETGEAR ProSAFE GS108 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Aries Auralic Areis Streamer (version 6.1.1) (ethernet connected to Netgear swtich) coaxial out to Hegel H160

Description Of Issue

Unable to play songs (AIFF) from a particular album (Billie Eliish). Have ripped the CD (XLD) a number of times with the same result, have re-scanned album, etc. No other album having this issue . Ripped multiple albums same time as this one.

Hi @Robin,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. Can you please confirm that this same issue occurs on multiple audio zones? If you try outputting to “System Output” do you get the same error message?

– Noris

Yes all Zones. I have a Bluesound Powernode on my patio and get the same results.

I think it’s got something to do with that fact the first song is !!! (seven exclamation points) - although I check the server and the files are there Roon can’t see them - I can’t edit any of the songs. I just deleted from the server - can I rebuild Roon DB?

Hi @Robin,

Yes, this might cause an issue with Roon, as mentioned in our Skipped Files Guide:

Special Characters

Avoid using “special” characters in the names of files and folders. Using these characters may render the files inaccessible under some circumstances, particularly if files are transferred between different platforms, or viewed over a network share.

Sometimes the presence of one of these characters causes Roon to be unable to “see” a file or folder in the first place. Files skipped for this reason do not (and can not) show up in the Skipped files list, since it may not even be possible for us to know their name.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here by rebuilding the Roon DB? If you edit the track outside of Roon to remove the special characters and then add it again to the current database, does it show up as expected?

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.