Playing is interrupted by "White Noise"

Hello @nuwriy,

any news? Did you check the logs?

Yesterday morning I was able to listen more than 2 hours without any disruption. But in the afternoon the White Noise was coming every 2 minutes. I shut down the server and unplugged it for a while from current. After a restart, listening was possible. No White Noise.

Today I made a bios update to my NUC which promised to correct some UBS issues (not very specific ones). First everything seems to be fine and I thought that this was an improvement. But the White Noise came again.

Meanwhile I find this very annoying and I’m thinking about changes in my setup. It would be nice, if Roon support can help me. If not, please make a clear announcement to me, so that I can go on with my decisions.

Thank you

Hartmut

Hello @Hartmut_Renz, thanks for your patience here. My team is currently reviewing the logs you sent over and we will be in contact shortly with our findings. As soon as I hear back from them about the issue I’ll pass the information over to you here.

Hello @nuwriy,

thanks again for your support.

One of my considerations is to switch back to server version 1.6 and then disable updates for a while. Is this possible without a complete new installation?

Hello @Hartmut_Renz, as a general practice we don’t recommend downgrading but I will ask for a status update for our progress on this issue from my team. Thanks for your patience here, once I hear what they have to say I’ll report back to you!

Hello @Hartmut_Renz,

According to this document on the T+A support page:

Linux is not officially supported by T+A for the use with our D/A converter DAC 8 DSD.

While it may be possible to use the DAC 8 DSD with linux, we cannot guarantee that using this DAC with ROCK will work due to the unsupported nature of the combination.

We have seen reports from other users that T+A is testing a firmware update for the USB chipset that enables native DSD support on Linux for the DAC. I cannot guarantee that this would resolve the issue that you are seeing, but it may be worth reaching out to T+A to inquire about it.

Before doing anything, I would ensure that you have tested all of the USB ports on your NUC as well as tried using a different USB cable before proceeding.

-John

Hi @John,

I know this document.For this reason I had the DAC 8 one week at home to test the combination. Everything has worked very fine. So I have bought the dac and could listen very happy for more than five months.

As mentioned above, I did not change anything at my setup. So I suspect version 1.7 to be responsible for this behaviour.

And I’m using only PCM 44/16 files for listening. No DSD, no MQA.

Regards

Hartmut

Hi @john and @nuwriy,

White Noise has vanished. Setup is the same. Also the Qobuz network warnings are not longer present. Either this is a miracle or the result of build 571 :slight_smile:

Regards

Hartmut

1 Like

Hello @Hartmut_Renz, I’m glad things are working again! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.