Playing Music Issues - Tidal to Roon

Hi, I have a few examples to discuss.

Playing music using Roon (streaming from Tidal).
I experience a lag when the song is loading (at times) or the song drops off.

Playing music through Tidal (to my computer as a test).
I do not experience any type of lag or drop offs.

I am using a Nucleus connected to the network (router). I also use a Bluesound Node 2 which is connected to my Mytek Manhattan DAC.

The issue I have is the lag time and drop offs when I use Roon.
It is so annoying, especially when I have music in shuffle mode and I hear it drop off, stop, or lag before it starts.

Is it possible the Node 2 is causing the problems?

Thanks,
Todd

Moved to support.

Hello @Todd_Lefkovic,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to assist here. I have a few questions to begin troubleshooting:

• Is your Nucleus running the latest version of Room? You can check this when using a Roon Remote in Settings -> About. If you are running an older version, then upgrading Roon using these instructions and this step should not affect your database, but it is always a good idea to have Backups if you have already made some edits to your files.

• Can you please let me know your Network Setup? It would be helpful to know the router model/manufacturer, model/manufacturer for any switches you have, range extenders, powerline adapters, ect.

• What Roon Remotes are you using to control your Nucleus?

• Does this issue occur with all kinds of TIDAL content or just a specific type (MQA, High-Bitrate FLAC, AAC, ect.)?

• Is the Node2 connected via WiFi or Ethernet? If you connect the Node via Ethernet is the behavior differently?

• If you temporarily remove the Node2 from the equation and connect the Mytek via USB to the Nucleus, do you still experience the same issue?

• Alternatively, if you only use the Node2 and the headphone built-in headphone amp, does the same issue still occur? These two tests will help us narrow down where the issue lies.

• Have you rebooted all of your networking gear and Nucleus yet to see if that resolves this issue? Rebooting everything will be a good step to ensure that everything is in a “fresh” state.

Please let me know the above information when possible and we can continue from there.

Thanks,
Noris