Playing random stuff I didn't select

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Win 10 V 1.6 Build 416 64bit.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
How do I control what the program adds to my queue?

How do I stop the program from randomly playing selections I have not chosen?

When selecting a CD from a multi-disc set, the program selects every CD after it and puts it into the queue. So, if I want just (say) CD 2 from a 16 disc set, I start playing at the beginning of the CD then have to edit the queue deleting every track from CDs 3 through 16.

Is there a setting that allows me to select to play just the single CD I want?

Related, after finishing the last selection in my queue, the program then starts playing something random that I never selected. It seems to be related by artist.

So, at 2 AM, after finishing a quiet Mozart sonata played by Daniel Barenboim, the program then starts playing a loud orchestral work conducted by Daniel Barenboin while I leap for the stop button before the neighbors call the police.

Is there a setting that allows me to prevent the playing of random selections I never selected?

Don’t know about the first part but the random stuff is Roon radio turn it off here

@James_Mellor is right about the second part. For the first, playing a single disk within a multi-disk collection you’d press the small play symbol that turns up when you select a disk in the list. If your setup is like mine this will only queue that disk.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.