Playing tidal with roon

Hi @support,

I purchased a lifetime membership to Roon about 2 1/2 years ago. At the same time I purchased a Tidal membership to Tidal and had been enjoying the Tidal/Roon music till about 2 months ago when I started getting the following message:
"This Tidal is not currently available. Too many failures. Playback I stopping:
nothing has changed in my system since I started with Roon/Todal and now.
I’ve searched your data base and found so solutions to this problem that worked.

I have a ethernet connection from my music server to my Spectrum Ubee Modem. The music server is connected to my RCA DAC using a SOTM convertor.
Everything plays perfectly ut for Tidal.

I’d appreciate a solution to my problem.

Thanks,

Tariq Osman

Have you done the three steps
Rebooted everything
Signed in and out of tidal in Settings, Services
Deleted your Tidal cache

Hello @Tariq_Osman1,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue, I have moved your post over to our support section so that we can better assist. Can you please provide some more information here?

• What is your Roon Core model/manufacturer?
  • Have you tried rebooting your Core and Networking gear and the issue remains the same?
  • Can you try logging out of TIDAL and back in on Roon?
  • Are you able to use the TIDAL web player (https://listen.tidal.com) to play tracks as expected without issues?
  • Does this issue happen for all of your zones or just one of your zones? Does the same issue occur if you try to play to “System Output” on your Core or a Roon Remote?

Thanks,
Noris

I’ve tried everything under the sun without success. The only thing I haven’t done is delete Tidal cache as I don’t know how to do it.

Hello @Tariq_Osman1,

You can clear your TIDAL cache by following these instructions but I don’t think that this will be the main cause of the issues, however you can give it a try:

• Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Have you been able to confirm my previous questions?

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.