Playlist regression Build 952

This behavior is back. Same solution fixes it, but doesn’t seem to hold up between releases.

Thanks for the report @DDPS! This is a different issue than I first thought. I’ll take a closer look.

2 Likes

This isn’t for Tidal playlists. This is local playlists. Just FYI.

Still not fixed in Build 970. But thanks for the other fixes.

Hey @DDPS,

One thing to be aware of is that you’re running Roon Server on an unsupported Celeron NAS Core, which persists in being a key ingredient for having a bad time with Roon. While this may not be the cause of the problem you’re having now, at 40,000 tracks on that machine you’re going to have serious performance issues soon. I’d consider a Core platform change soon.

Let’s try refreshing your Roon Server database.

• Make a Backup of your current RoonServer Database
  • Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database
  • Restore a known good backup - preferably one that predates your Playlist Tags issue.

Please let us know if this helps.

@jamie ,

I have had generally a perfect time running Roon on this device, and the system performance is stunningly good (I posted a video at some point back showing the UI performance). On this device, which has 8GB of RAM, Roon only ever consumes 2.1-2.5 gigabytes, with plenty to spare. I don’t have any other problems with Roon other than this admittedly minor issue, which again is a regression. (I haven’t even had any problems with the recent builds that people have been having problems with). My issue is easily temporarily fixed by zipping up my .m3u playlists, deleting them, having Roon rescan my collection (which takes about 30 seconds), unzipping the playlists, and rescanning. Then all playlist links show up again. The only thing that causes them to disappear is a restart of Roon, which usually for me only happens with an update.

I must restate that my system performance on this NAS is stellar, from both a reliability and speed perspective. On top of that, I can access my music remotely using DS Audio/Audio Station, which makes Roon remote access (seemingly a holy grail for many) moot for me. I love it.

1 Like

Well, I can report that Build 988 seems to solve the issue. Not sure if this was by design or not, but I am thankful!

Update…nope, build 988 still sees this happen after a reboot.