Playlist resets to top of list after locking and unlocking iPhone or loss of focus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK/Roon 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi, Core/Endpoint on Ethernet, Remote on WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio CXN v2 as Endpoint (but issue happens on all endpoints I’ve tried)
iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 14.4 as Remote

Description Of Issue

Roon will automatically scroll to the top of a playlist after locking and unlocking my phone, or sometimes even after the app loses focus.

For example, I have a playlist of ~550 songs. I’ll scroll to song 300 or so and play it. If I lock and unlock the phone, when I reopen Roon it will flash the white loading screen and open up back at song 1. Sometimes if I switch to a different app and switch back to Roon it will have the same behavior.

Navigating away from a playlist in Roon and going back to the playlist also resets the playlist to song 1.

Is there a way to have Roon hold my place in the playlist?

Hello @jllu ,

This is expected behavior here. When device goes to sleep it disconnects from the Core and when device wakes up, it reconnect, which cause Roon to refresh the page. That’s why we do not save the position and the behavior should have been the same for 1.7.

Since this is not a current feature of Roon, I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

The time for the playlist to reset was much longer in 1.7. I could use my phone for other things while using Roon and unless the app had last focus for quite a while it would save my place in the playlist. Now it resets the playlist position almost instantaneously.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.