Playlist Songs Unavailable Since Last Update

Since the last update most of the songs in my playlists that were from my local library are showing unavailable. Although playing albums/songs from my library is fine and the Storage settings are good. And Qobuz is fine.

Before I go through and do all the work to delete/re-add each song, has anyone else seen this problem?

Thank you

What are you using as the Roon Core and what are your versions for Core and remotes?

IOS Remotes have been updated as well. But seeing this behavior on my MAC which shows updated above

Thanks, this is weird. There was a recent issue where some people’s local libraries became unavailable (and hence of course also the songs on playlists), but this was expect to be fixed with the latest hotfix update build 1234, and was confirmed to work by some affected users. But you have that one. I am moving your thread to the #support category, I think this must be looked at

1 Like

Thank you!

Any comment from #support on this yet?

I was hoping #support would prioritize this issue since their update broke this for me…

Still not fixed after 4-2 update. I have received zero response from #support to this point…

Playlists that have local files rely on pointers to the location of the tracks in your local storage. You haven’t moved your Watched Folder location since you created the Playlist content, have you?

Hello - I have not. In fact the albums from these Unavailable playlists songs play fine.

So it appears only the pointer in the Playlist became corrupted/lost

OK - can you use a Playlist to reproduce this error and give the timestamp for when it happens. Paging @support - can you look in the logs at the timestamp to see what is happening? Thanks.

I have a Playlist called Reference Tracks that I just accessed at 10:53AM (EST):

Note the Qobuz tracks are fine

Clarification: the 2 songs at the top (local library) I had to re-add (only reason they are available). All local songs in my playlists are now unavailable

Hi @Frank_DeMello,

Thank you for your patience as the team worked through our queue to reach your case.

Are you able to supply us with a screenshot of your Watched Folders settings from Roon → Settings → Storage?

Diagnostics indicate evidence that your storage location is failing to properly mount. Can you please specify the storage device you’re using to access local files? In the context of more general networking errors in the last three weeks, it’s possible that Roon is failing to properly access local files.

Are you also missing album artwork, by chance?

We’ll be watching for your response and follow up with further troubleshooting steps from there. Thank you!

Hello - thanks for reaching out

See attached:

Storage device is a Innuos MKII server running Roon Core

Please keep in mind that I can play the local albums in my library including album songs that are in my playlists.

I will do a deeper dive to see if I can find any album that won’t play.

Artwork looks perfectly normal (nothing missing)

I think I figured this out. One thing I didn’t mention is that in an update a month or 2 ago I ended up with double of everything in my library because Roon had added a new path (2nd entry):

At that time I disabled this new IP Address path to eliminate the doubles.

This morning I switched it to that new path and disabled the other and my playlist songs are now fine. Odd that either path works in the album/track/artist view but not in playlists

Thank you

1 Like

It’s because Playlists have links with an address path that is fixed at the time of creation, and if the address of the storage location changes, then the link is broken.

Glad you have figured it out.

Hi Geoff - Don’t quite agree. All of these Playlist songs were added BEFORE this Roon update. And it was broken with the update that added a new path to the library with the IP Address

It wasn’t fixed until I changed the path to that new path so it did not need the path at creation but rather the new Roon introduced path.

Either way thanks for the help and hopefully this saves others from some grief.

Hi @Frank_DeMello,

Thank you for the update and we’re glad to hear the new network share path seems to have resolved the problem.

We’re standing by in case this issue recurs - if the thread has autoclosed, please open a new topic thread and we’ll respond promptly there. Cheers!