Playlist tracks unavailable

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel Nuc i5 with ROCK (os 1.0 build 227, server 1.8 build 756), Synology DS218+ NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fiber modem, two SOtM switches connected by fiberoptic,

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lumin U1 to Lampizator B3 via USB

Description Of Issue

A good number of my playlist entries have been marked “unavailable” since the 1.8 update.
The unavailable files are both local files and Tidal streams. Manual search reveals them to be available with a very few exceptions (Tidal tracks). I have tried re-indexing library with no improvement. Thoughts?

Hey @Ken_Choi,

Thanks for letting us know of this right away, and for already trying a few troubleshooting steps. I was wondering if you could please try this:

• Navigate to Settings → Services and log out of TIDAL
  • Reboot your Roon Core
  • Log back into TIDAL in Settings → Services

Could you please let us know if this helps?

Sorry to be adding this here, but I see that you are engaged.

I have a few 1.8 specific cases that I have entered, and no one has gotten back to me.

The most critical one is that the fact that I can’t play many titles from Qobuz and Qobuz itself otherwise extremely slow.

Can you please help?

Hey @Ali_Shafai,

I’ve just taken a look at one of your posts regarding Qobuz. Also, trying the above suggestion (but with Qobuz instead of TIDAL) might be helpful.

Cheers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks, Rebeka.

I followed the exact steps that you outlined, but there is no difference unfortunately. :pensive:

I don’t think that I am alone in this regard and believe that this is a widespread issue that roon needs to address.

What else can I try?

Rebeka, just “coincidentally” after I posted my question I let the latest Roon update install. It is now build 763 of 1.8. I looked at my some of my playlists and there are no longer tracks showing “unavailable” but those tracks that were shown as unavailable before appear to have been removed from the playlist! Does this make any sense? BTW, the unavailable tracks were both on Tidal and local to my NAS.

I also don’t use this site very often, but I wonder why there is other activity on this thread? It is very confusing and I am easily confused. Ken

Hi Day, can you post a link to your original playlist question?

Hi Rebeka,

it didn’t help.
see further responses below.
next steps?

Hey @Ken_Choi,

Thanks for trying the suggested solution - I’m only sorry it didn’t work. So we can better help, could you please:

• Share screenshots of an example of this behavior
  • Where are these playlists from? Are they imported or created in Roon?
  • Share a screenshot of Settings > Storage

Thanks again :pray:

Hi,

the behaviour first showed various titles on Roon playlists as being unavailable (but they were available on manual searching). Then after build 163 the previously unavailable playlist entries disappeared. So there is nothing to see or to take a picture of.

the playlists were generated within Roon

any input from anyone else?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.