Playlists and albums always shuffle on iOS 12 beta

Continuing the discussion from iOS 12 beta works fine with Roon:

I’m running iOS 12 public beta on both and iPad mini 2 and and iPhone X and my playlist and album selections shuffle instead of playing straight thru when hitting any of the play from here or play all album buttons. I’m running Roon 1.5 on my iPad and iPhone and the latetest version of roon on my i5 sonictransporter and my PS Audio Directstream Jr. handles the stream

Thanks for the report, @David_Leveen! I’ll be sure to pass it along to the team. Is it okay with you if I make this post public for others to see?

No problem, please share

Hey @David_Leveen,

I had a chat with a member of our team who is also currently using the iOS 12 beta and he is currently not experiencing this behavior. I was hoping to get a little more information from you here about this.

Is this only happening when you’re using an iOS device as a remote? Do you have any other, non iOS 12 devices you can try to use and let me know if you’re seeing the same behavior?

Thanks,
Dylan

I don’t have any other non IOS 12 devices to use. I do know this error didn’t start to occur until I updated to the most recent public beta version 12.0 (16A5327f)

Hey @David_Leveen,

That’s no problem. Can you share a screenshot of your “Now Playing” screen in the app?

-Dylan

Hey @David_Leveen,

Dylan is referring to this screen:

be happy to but where do I find that screen?

Is this the correct one?

Yup – that’s the one. :slight_smile:

You can see that shuffle mode is engaged. (See the two crossing arrows in blue, bottom right to the album cover).

Press the arrows so they’ll turn white and regular playback will be restored.

1 Like

well that was easy…what’s interesting that after using Roon for over a year, it never preformed the shuffle way until I updated to the public beta 3 of IOS 12. I don’t recall every hitting that shuffle button. Thanks for solving this, it’s greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.