Playlists and audio devices missing

Roon Server Machine

Dell Optiplex 7010
i7 processor
8GB RAM
Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected via ethernet, Linksys mesh router.

Connected Audio Devices

Connected to a Bluesound node via Ethernet and a Raspberry Pi streaming device.

Number of Tracks in Library

I used Qobuz to stream and large NAS music collection.

Description of Issue

When I started Roon today, all my playlists and other audio was gone and Roon can’t find any of my devices.
I’ve been using Roon on the same system for years without issue.

Hi Rick, have you restarted your entire network?

Hi Rick, it would help us to help you if you complete the template :pray:t4:

1 Like

Yes I have restarted my pc and network. All are working normally. As soon as I start Roon I get a message that says “ There was an issue loading your library”. I used Roon yesterday without incident, but today it’s not functioning. Was there an update in the last 24 hours?

Hi again Rick, have you produced any Roon database backups? If you have; try restoring a recent one as there could be a corrupt database. If the backup restore fails to resolve the problem try an earlier one, if available.

Regarding updates, there was a recent one but I believe, in my area (uk) it happened just before christmas (I think) but nothing in the last 2-3 days.

Hi @RICK_JORSTAD,

Thank you for your patience. Are you still experiencing issues? There has been a Roon update in the interim, although we released it after you had posted your initial thread.

We can activate diagnostic mode and investigate further if you’re still unable to load Roon.

Hi @RICK_JORSTAD,

This thread will auto-close shortly; are you still experiencing this problem with playlists and endpoints?

Reviewing this thread, have you verified that you didn’t inadvertently switch Roon profiles?