Playlists are suddenly gone And No audio devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hi

All my playlists are suddenly gone, and also my history?
It says you haven’t created any playlist yet.

Anyone know what to do and how to get them back?
Why did this happen?

Regards Thomas

Hi @Thomas_Larsen,

Did you make any changes to your setup recently, like move your Core or storage locations?

No nothing
I haven’t been using Roon the last two weeks, and when I fired it up this afternoon I updated the roon app on my iPad… and nothing else

When I click on the “manage Audio devices” I’ll get only a screen with “Audio” and not my LUMIN A1?![image|666x500](upload://i1abYBOy4wD7vMKDoLcVG25DuaF.jpeg)

Is your Roon Core running on Synology?

Please reboot your Synology. After it is booted up, then power cycle the Lumin.

Hi @Thomas_Larsen,

Can you please use these instructions to send me a set of your Roon logs? Do you save regular backups of your Roon database?

Hi Peter

I did try that without any luck.

Hi

I dont have a Dropbox, how can I send you the zip file?

I don’t know about the backup?

But last year I had a similar problem and had to reinstall roon and my playlists were still there…
Unfortunately I can’t do the reinstall myself so I have to pay a Tech guy… that sucks!

Hi @Thomas_Larsen,

I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your Synology Core and what this does is automatically upload a log set to our servers.

Based on what I am seeing, it appears you are running out of RAM on the server. Do you have any other apps open at the same time as Roon?

Is there any change in behavior if you try to quit background apps and restart RoonServer? I would also highly suggest keeping regular Backups of your database.

How Can you see And activate anything on my Server? :thinking:

Sometimes I’m downloading som stuff but mostly I only got roon going.

Hi Peter
To where do i send the files/logs?

Please send it to noris.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core installed on Synology NAS.
iPad As remote.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Lumin A1.

Description Of Issue

It worked after 24 hours…
But now I got a new issue. All my playlists are gone and I didn’t do anything besides not using Roon for the past two weeks

Hi @Thomas_Larsen,

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

What kind of playlists are these? Streaming, imported, created in Roon?

My playlist are created in roon and they are a mix of music from my NAS and Tidal.

Hi @Thomas_Larsen,

Are both TIDAL and local playlists missing? Besides playlists, is everything else showing up okay (albums and audio devices)?

Is there any change if you reboot the Synology?

Hi @Thomas_Larsen,

I’ve merged your two threads so that we can have all the information in one place. I also went ahead and activated diagnostics mode for your Core and what this does is automatically deliver a log set to our servers, I can confirm the logs have been received and passed to QA for further analysis.

QA is still reviewing the logs, but can you please let us know if there are any other apps running in the background on the Synology? Is there any change in behavior if you turn off any extra apps running and restart the Roon Server app?

Hi,
Well usually I have filestation, video station, download station, and cloudstation active but I’ve tried turning all off and restart Roon and still no luck.
Furthermore I’ve installed 16gb RAM instead of the 4, but roon still says my storage location is offline, and it still can’t detect my LUMIN.

The tech guy promised that he would try to reinstall roon tomorrow by following the guide that Peter lee posted earlier.

I just hope that roon remember me and all my playlists!

I suggest you follow instructions from support first before giving up.

You could even try installing Roon on a computer.

any changes about your ´music’ sharing directory permissions ?