Playlists transfer [Resolved - XML file issue]

hello I am having the exact same issue followed all the steps as well
please if some one can help i would really love to transfer my iTunes playlists to see in Roon

thank you

Hi @igor_mesh ----- Thank you for posting this thread. I just took a quick search around on the forum and saw you had posted the same information in three other place. I have since removed those posts, and will be addressing this issue with you here.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this issue you are experiencing with your iTunes generated playlists, please provide the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please provide screenshots of…

• Your “storage” tab in the application.
    • The settings you are using for your watch folder.
  • Please confirm that you have followed the steps found in our knowledge base on how to import playlists into Roon.

-Eric

hello Eric thank you for the reply and your time
i am using mac high sierra ver10.13.3 my Roon is ver 1.4
i am using my iTunes folder in music on mac
and also have a backup of my iTunes on a external drive tried both , tried one at a time still nothing

i followed all the instruction and read all posts on this subject
i wonder if apple is using the iTunes library .itl instead of the iTunes music library .xml ?
i even consolidated all files in iTunes

Hi @igor_mesh ------ Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions/provide the requested feedback. Both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, can you please confirm if at any point your storage location where your music is saved has changed? Furthermore, can you please pick one song that you know imported into Roon without issue, but the playlist it is apart of did not and send me a screenshot of it’s “file path” in the application.

Additionally, can also send me over a copy of your iTunesLibrary.xml via a shared dropbox link.

Thanks!
-Eric

ok thank you

my iTunes folder is on a external drive plugged by usb to my mac

iTunes library .itl link

iTunes music library .xml linkhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/pv6vwgpxk9nczbz/iTunes%20Music%20Library.xml?dl=0

i have resolved the issue , after some time spent i realized it was my .xml file which was the problem and so i started from scratch and recreated new playlists and setup new .xml file now all works well
thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.