Plays music slower Argon audio solo ( tempo) then same music on Spotify connect

Roon Core Machine =

Dell xps laptop, Intel ™ i5-2467M CPU 1.60 GHz, 4,00 GBRam
Windows 10 pro 22H2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connect box Ziggo, WiFi 2.4 / 5 GHz, no vpn

Connected Audio Devices

From Roon core laptop Dell true WiFi to Argon audio solo Roon ready, to dac Cambridge magic 100 with coax.

Spotify from phone to argon audio solo Spotify connect and the rest the same.

Number of Tracks in Library

4925 tracks

Description of Issue

Playing the Album Northern Exposure Vol.2: East Coast Edition, Sasha& John Digweed. Track number 8. Waters ( Phase 3) this number I hear that the song playing to slow, I compare this with the Spotify and my CD player Philips SA upgraded by van Medevoort.
I can’t beleave that this is possible ??

The DAC usually controls timing, not Roon. However, that’s not the case with S/PDIF (coax), so the issue is likely there or, possibly, your network. Make sure core and Argon are connected using Ethernet.

Incidently, have you tried removing the DacMagic and just using the Argon? Specification-wise, there’s likely nothing between them, so you could simplify your setup by eliminating the DacMagic.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, i will definitely try it without the dac.
Still both signals , so from Roon core as the Spotify signal go true the same signal path / setup …?
The Argon does not have Ethernet connection.
So I will also try connect th argos streamer analog to my Cyrus amplifier and see if this will change the music “ tempo” from Roon core.
I will let you know :+1:

Hey @Jeroen_Damsma,

Following up on this thread, are you still running into issues here?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Hi Benjamin, thanks for asking. Well I change my Set, so the core is still my Dellxps laptop, but know going to a streamer/ Dac Cambridge cxn v2 … I got still the same problem, if I play this song from Roon, when I compare it with Spotify connect and als Tidal connect …
So now I’m thinking there is something wrong with the ripping of this cd to my ssd card in the laptop or something like that. So that means that maybe the entire library Roon did copy from my ssd card is wrong …?
And maybe I just can hear it with this techno song because of the dynamics and fast ritme ?

I hope I was clear in this answer, and im curious what you think is the problem. The solution is buying a INNUOS ::relaxed:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.