Please add Sleep timer in Roon [done]

A Sleep feature would be a great idea and you’d have though relatively easy to implement?

1 Like

It’s not often that I feel the urge to back a feature request, but this is one that I’d really like.

Preferably with a nice and gentle volume curve sloping downwards…

8 Likes

+1 on this feature. Just added Roon to a bedroom system and this feature would be most welcome.

3 Likes

I vote for this as well

1 Like

My vote as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those who haven’t noticed yet and like a bit of tinkering; I created an Alarm Clock extensions that has a sleep function including fade-out.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-extension-alarm-clock-v0-4-0-now-on-github/21556

1 Like

This has been requested, but is there a way forward? I am using ROCK and roon for most of my zones (4 zones). However, I struggle to fall asleep without some background music. As such, I am still using LMS and a squeezebox streaming from a NAS drive. I would love roon/ROCK to be able to have sleep or a timer.

Have you tried Jan’s Alarm Clock extension (see his post immediately above yours)?

Hi
The Alarm from Jan is excellent and work fine herei have set five alarm on two zones…
This is the best solution so far…

1 Like

Thanks,

I did look at the extension, but I am running ROCK, not Linux. I don’t think you can add extensions while running ROCK, unless something has changed.

I’m also running ROCK, but the extensions can be installed on another computer. So I have installed Jan’s extension manager, and the RPi touchcontrol extension on my desktop PC. They run there, and are integrated into Roon as if by magic…

1 Like

Thanks, I did not know that was possible. I am busy with work, but will try this later this week.

Thanks.

Hi
The cheapest option is to use the Raspberry Pi.
Cheaper and low running cost…
Thx

+1 to request a sleep timer in the app please!! Also a global volume slider for all the speakers in a zone instead of just the + and - icons please. Thank you!

2 Likes

I understand there are extensions, but I got lost at “download node.js” or something. I think Sleep timer and Alarm should be included features not extensions. Alternatively, extensions need to be a lot easer.

2 Likes

Please @Roon, this is not a complicated feature to add.

1 Like

Yes, +1 here. I like to listen to music as I fall asleep, and for this I have to revert to the Sonos app to shut off the zone - seems like a no-brainer to have this feature in Roon. I am not interested in hacking the software to include external code. Pretty please ?

3 Likes

Yes ! :smiley:
This is a simple thing to implement and pretty useful!

2 Likes

Plus 1. It’s a bummer having to flip to BluSound to activate a timer. Folks have been asking for this feature for a good while now.

2 Likes
    I will like it.
2 Likes