Please add Sleep timer in Roon [done]

I will like it.
2 Likes

There is a Roon extension Sleep Timer at Sleep Timer

Thanks Alex - I run a Mac and installing extensions has never been clear to me. I want it baked into the core application - just like in BluSound.

1 Like

Hi Israel,
I am running Mac mini too and setup instructions I wrote in read me file are for Mac (and linux). But you should prepare your Mac to run Roon extensions by installing Nodejs first (execition environment for Roon extensions):

Nodejs tutorial for Mac Os X

You should proceed up to Step 6. Instead of step 6, follow instructions from Sleep Timer readme file for further installation.

Roon extension appears under Roon->Extensions only when you run node . command. You can make an automator application to run Sleep Timer and than add this application to login action list of your Mac Os to run SleepTimer automatically on MacOs boot.

ropieee on a raspberry Pi also can run the Alarm extension which can do sleep timer function and wake up too. And you can use it as a roon endpoint :slight_smile:

I love my Roon and I don’t understand why there is no Sleep Timer function. One of the most basic features in most software is not present in this premium product. I appreciate the extension available but I tried on my ROCK server and its a no go. Way too much tinkering for the average user. It should just be there in the native Roon SW. Please, thank you!

1 Like

My web browser doesn’t have such a feature as well as my office suite, the pdf reader, VLC Media Player, GIMP, Blender, … they are all missing this most basic feature. :worried:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

+1
Straight forward sleep timer. 15, 30, 45, 60 minutes. Set, roll over and drift off to the land of nod.
I was surprised that it wasn’t already part of Roon.
Don’t want a bolt-on, extension or WHY; nothing tweaky that needs to be added somewhere.

2 Likes

Why not just queue up the required length of music?

Lol, I’ve a couple of albums where I’ve actually never even heard the last 2 or 3 tracks.

1 Like

I use Hergest Ridge by Mike Oldfield - lovely album but it lets me drift off.

1 Like

+1 me parece una opción necesaria

1 Like

+1
A sleep timer and wake-up alarm clock function I miss from my Squeezebox setup

1 Like

It’s too simple. Roon only like to implement complicated new features that nobody asks for.

1 Like

There is a sleep extension that works very well but you need another system to run the extension, tho it can also run the core machine for windows Mac and Linux, but not rock or nucleus. It can also run on ropieee.org with a raspberry pi

I mentioned this back up the thread

I know; but when using ROCK with AIR it doesn’t help! And anyway, it’s been requested a lot, it would be a simple thing to do, and frankly, for a software that costs hundreds, it’s bloody ridiculous that it still hasn’t been included. I love Roon, and I’ve been lifetime since the earliest days, but I am beginning to wonder about their decision-making process when it comes to feature development.

+1 Would love to have this implemented

done.

1 Like