Please make "Popular" collapsible

In artist view (see screenshot), there is the “Popular” section. Next is the “Albums in my library” section.

I would love to have the “Popular section” collapsible as I have to scroll down to get to the albums. In Roon 1.7 this was possible and I liked that very much.

Thank you very much

33 Likes

Yes, this is a complete waste of space.

3 Likes

I vote for this as well (or even an option to hide/remove it altogether)

3 Likes

I agree

The list is useless in any case

I was wondering how they came up with it - What determines "popularity"?

Yes, I would like to see my own albums first as well, after what’s available on Tidal, after that the rest. confronting me with what is popular is nice the first time you view it but gets annoying with everyday use.

1 Like

I also agree with this, it is unnecessary clutter.

1 Like

Another vote for this. My preference would be for it to be removable. I mentioned this in another thread but Roon is - perhaps understandably given the market - moving towards the streaming generation and away from those of us who care more about the physical product. I like to use Roon as primarily to curate my own collection and, from time to time, supplement it with Qobuz/Tidal research. Roon seems more focused on the links between music and finding new choices.

It would be fantastic if Roon added customisation so we can remove the bits we do not want to see without changing their business direction. For example, switching off the “Popular” bit that clutters the Artist page, removing the data on songs/genres played on the Home page, toggling off Recommended Albums on the Album page and so on.

I’ve thought about moving to a different software choice but I do like Roon, I just want some flexibility on the things it shows me!

4 Likes

Yet another vote for this.

I now have to scroll down to get to play something that I liked enough to buy rather than something that other people liked.

2 Likes

Yes please!

1 Like

Yes, another vote! That is a waste of valuable space with information that is not needed. Most important thing is to see artist info and what albums are in collection or available from streaming services.

*removable

+1
Give us option to remove or inflate it

2 Likes

Yes please, when I click an artist I want to see their works, not what the neighbours have been listening to. Just like the home page pie charts, this seems like you’re forcing us to appreciate the vast amount of data you’re gathering.

We get it, you have hoarded stats. Can we get back to listening to music now?

1 Like

+1
I vote for this as well (hide/remove it altogether)

1 Like

+1
Hide or remove

1 Like

+1
Same here

2 Likes

+1

Many elements on the home page can be made collapsible

2 Likes

I agree that the “Popular” tracks section should be collapsible. It might be useful for track-oriented users checking out a new artist but it is clutter for album-oriented people trying to access the albums in their collection.

3 Likes

+1
Removable

2 Likes

+1 for the option to remove

2 Likes