Please report station errors here

Thank you very much, Brian. This did the trick!

Best,
Andreas

1 Like

Brian,
Thanks for this link. Any possibility there is a way to append or link this with my Audacy login? In a comparison test I recently tried I believe that a login may be a key to addressing the streaming issues which still persist during commercial breaks. I concur with you that the streaming dropouts are commercial-related but they seem to be resolved when I have account information linked to the stream.

Hereā€™s what I did. I set up a three-way side by side comparison using two Roon endpoints and an Echo dot, all playing WXRT.
Endpoint 1: The official WXRT radio link from the Live Radio Browser
Endpoint 2: the manually added link you provided. I noted the link references Audacy, so I sought out a different Audacy connection to ascertain similarities and differences regarding RELIABILITY of the stream.
Endpoint 3: Non-Roon Benchmark ā€œEndpointā€. This is my reliable Audacy connection using the available Audacy ā€œskillā€ in Alexa where I played WXRT through an echo dot. I could also perform this with an iphone using the Audacy app for the same purpose.

Hereā€™s what I observed:

1. all three sources stream identical music though they are easily out of sync by 10 or more seconds. (This was a comparison test, not for my listening pleasure.)

2. Both Roon endpoints stopped streaming 10 seconds into a commercial set. Manual intervention was always required when I was aware from endpoint 3 that music streaming had resumed.

3. The Roon manual intervention by pressing PLAY often launched a different commercial, like the stream was serving a rotation, not the live broadcast. Always, 10 seconds into a commercial those two streams go silent, like they are cut off because a server somewhere is not getting what it wants.

4. If I repeat the manual process above I can bounce through all the commercials, but the music will not resume until, well, the music resumes AND I press play to resume the streams.

5. On the other hand, the non-Roon benchmark never drops out during commercials and continues streaming without manual intervention. This stream just works.

6. The commercials played on the benchmark and endpoint 2 are Texas commercials, where I live, not Chicago commercials. They begin identically to each other, for the first ten seconds of course.

7. the commercials played in the official link are from Chicago. They do not sync with the Audacy commercials. Additionally, this stream also requires a manual restart every 10 seconds until music resumes.

As an aside the Texas-specific commercials feel oddly out of context as they are not the commercials played on the live broadcast from Chicago I hear on Endpoint 1. Yes, there is an endemic character to genuine XRT commercials. That is part of its attraction.

In brief, ignoring any bit-rate comparison or concern, it seems to ke that the only difference between a reliable stream and one that frustratingly stops at commercial sets is use of a login ID.

Iā€™d rather listen through the Roon endpoints, but that is still not seamless.
I look forward to your current insights and suggestions.

Hello again @Frank_Karbarz ,

I canā€™t offer any help on the .m3u8 issue, but I did notice that the Roon aac and mp3 streams were now not working. I have changed them, try now.

(I also removed the .m3u8 stream which had somehow returned. Best if that is on your my live radio only)

Radio Station: Flood FM
Error message: ā€œPlayback was interrupted because a track failed to loadā€
Have not been able to play this station at all.

Hello @Thomas_Schaefges , Flood FM wasnā€™t in our database, but I have now added it.

The problem you encountered was Roon didnā€™t like the https URL. Iā€™ve changed it.

hello, hungarian Jazzy stream is dead on https://s04.diazol.hu:9500/live.mp3 is dead
https://jazzy.hu/jazzy.mp3 is working. BR, Gabor

Unfortunately, Roon will not accept that new URL - Iā€™ll inform the Devs, but in the meantime Iā€™m afraid the station canā€™t be played.

Hold fire - Iā€™ve found a stream. Jazzy OK now.

Working fine, thank you!

1 Like

Hi there
Iā€™m a keen listener to clydebuilt radio (glasgow) via Roon

However I tried today and it saying ā€˜unable to play this stationā€™

Iā€™ve checked and the stations web page is streaming this ok
Cheers
Andy

Hello @Andrew_Blue , Iā€™ve updated the streams. Try now.

Hi @BrianW
Working perfectly now. Thanksā€™

https://www.audacy.com/stations/alt949

94.9 San Diego is broken. Thanks

Hello @Larry_Post , Iā€™ve found a new stream, try now

Much appreciated, works great.

WWOZ in New Orleans, Lousiana, USA is no longer working from Roon Radio.

Changed stream URL. Try now

BOOM!!! Works now!

Thank you!

Iā€™m not able to access Radio BluesFLAC. They are streaming via their web site, but when I tune to it in Roon I get the message about the station not being available or address changed.

This has been a problem for a while.

Iā€™m in the US.

It looks like something has changed at their streaming provider and it now requires a t= parameter.
Try this
https://streams.radiomast.io/radioblues-flac?t=roon

Edit:
Tried a few times in last 30 minutes ā€¦ and now it has stopped playing from their web site for me.
Or rather ā€¦ it is playing silence - but good sounding flac silence.