Please reset, so that Roon sees all my music

Roon Core Machine

Preston’s Mac mini 2018

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

usb to LX which stores my music

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When I would try to save my music the only place I could save it was on my Hd drive. So I tried to altering where the music goes and now I have all my music but Roon only sees a small portion. Please reset the so that Roon sees all my music.
Thanks,
Preston Burke

1 Like

I did a backup restoration and now have my music but my remotes do not work (iPad and iPhone don’t see my Roon.

Please advise.

Hi @Preston_Burke,

You referenced “Carl” in the original title (I have now changed that) and also in your other #support topic.

As this was not me (@Carl), I’ve merged your PM into this topic so it’s visible to whoever needs it.

It sounds like this technician (named Carl) is someone from Roon, did you make note of his full name or forum name?

I’ve messaged Roon as well to ask if they know who helped you … they will have the history of your system and be best placed to advise.

I only know him as Carl.

Did you get the message from this other Carl here within the community forum, possibly as a private message?

Yes. I am still having a problem with the way I set up Roon on my new computer. I had to reinstall a backup so that I could go forward but when I add a new Album in music Roon still does not see it. In storage there are 4 different options. I disabled the old storage but I do not know which of the remaining 3 to use. Last time I chose on I could not use the remotes. I appreciate any help you can give.
Preston Burke

Yes. I am still having a problem with the way I set up Roon on my new computer. I had to reinstall a backup so that I could go forward but when I add a new Album in music Roon still does not see it. In storage there are 4 different options. I disabled the old storage but I do not know which of the remaining 3 to use. Last time I chose on I could not use the remotes. I appreciate any help you can give.

I believe that it would be good to first figure out who the “Carl” was with whom you communicated, and where you conversed with him (on this forum? by email? some other way?)

Can you post a screen print of Settings==>Storage?

When you say remotes do you really mean endpoints? Remote generally refers to the Roon app on an iOS, Android, or other PC/Mac that controls the Core.

I tried to explain the issue then I touched the wrong part of the screen and deleted all my texts for this issue. What I would like to do is save new music files to my attached ssd but not to my Mac mini HD. The reason is I have a small HD available on my Mac Mini. You requested a photo & I will try again to include.

This is a screen shot of my setup on my Mac mini… I hope this helps.

Where do you want your music to be and where is it coming from?

If they are both on your Mac then just use the Mac file services (Finder? I don’t speak macOS so I don’t remember the app name) to move the music to where you want. Treat them like you would any other file.

Then remove all, but that location from Settings==>Storage, or leave them as is. It doesn’t matter.

I don’t understand what your problem is.

BTW - Roon support has no control over resetting Roon, in this regard.

1 Like

When I add music the music is saved in both my Hard drive and attached ssd. I would like it to be saved in the SSD drive only.

No, it isn’t.

According to the screen shot you posted, ‘This Mac>>LX’ has 11,702 tracks.

‘This Mac>>MacIntosh HD’ has no tracks.

‘Music Folder’ has 5 tracks.

‘This Mac>>Music 2018’ is disabled.

How do you think you are adding tracks?

You are quite right. That use of remotes was referring to something else.
When I rip a cd to my Computer I would prefer that the file be saved on my LX attached ssd only. Now it is being saved on my Hard drive and not my LX drive. How do I set up my computer so that when I rip a cd it is saved only on my USB attached SSD?
I really would appreciate your assistance.
Thank you
Preston Burke

How are you ripping the CDs?

Either rip them into the folder you want them in or rip them to a temporary folder and then move them to where you want them.

This doesn’t sound like a Roon problem.

1 Like

How do I rip the cd’s to Roon only?

Prior to last month I used a different computer and setup. I am now using another computer with the same ssd. What would be the correct path to save to Roon using only the SSD (LX)?

This has nothing to do with Roon.

If you want your ripped CDs to be in the LX drive then rip them there or moved the ripped files there.

Roon will pick up whatever is in LX without you doing anything further.

What is the name in Settings==>Storage of the location you think your rips are going to?

The music is going into the Music folder on my HD. What would be the appropriate path that I can use to direct the ripped music to Roon on my LX ssd?